Wednesday, August 3, 2011

A Mind-Blowing Experience


It was August 17-18, 2008 when I joined the Youth Leadership Training for Person’s With Disability held at Hope Mountain, Ulas Davao city. It was a 2 days seminar funded by the Liliane Fonds Philippines in cooperation of the Maharlika Charity Foundation. Attended by 15 differently-abled persons and it aims to boast the self-esteem and the leadership of each PWD in their own communities. The 15 PWDs comes from the different regions in the country.


It was actually my first seminar together with my fellow PWDs. Before, i didn’t really like to be of this group of people (as if i’m not one of them). LoL. Yes, that’s true. I don’t even want to be of friends of them ‘coz I feel pity for myself and I feel so insignificant. Seeing their situations also really makes me feel sorry and it really breaks my heart. And I realized that it was just part of the pride inside in me that at that time I’m still denying myself and my situations. In short, di ko pa tanggap ang sitwasyon na merun ako. I believed it’s really in us (PWDs). I mean, we really encounter this stage of ours and its really a struggle.


With this seminar, I’m able to learn to accept myself and find my belongingness to the PWD group. I enjoyed every moments that we’ve shared that we laughed at our own disabilities. We even have shared the same sentiments and able to exchange our own experiences. It was really a great experience and something that I will always treasure for it really opens my mind with the realities and gave me the chance to embraced the value of being a PWD.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Instagram: @behindrollingchair