Friday, January 17, 2014

Speak Out: Striking Out Against Injustice

Batas Pambansa 344 also known as Accessibility Law is an act to enhance the mobility of Persons With Disability by requiring certain building, institution, establishments, and other public utilities to install facilities and other devices. This includes; public and private buildings and related structures for public use and which shall be constructed, repaired or renovated, streets and highways and public utilities, and public transport terminals including those of LRTA.

Last Dec. 22, 2013, an incident happened involving me and a security personnel of a certain shopping mall in the city. Below i posted the details of what happened just please bear with my dialect. 


I posted this in social networking site facebook and received lots of comments and people are sharing it in their own wall. 




After the said incident, I went straight to their admin and had my complaint. And just today, I received a reply from NCCC management through Instagram.

They have already placed a priority lane for PWDs, pregnant women, and senior citizens. I suggested that they need to do also regular seminars for their employees about PWD awareness. Hoping that they will take consideration about improving their services especially for those with special needs.

I know in this country that we live in, its not a one day process in order for it to be accessible. But I know also, with this kind of advocacy that we're doing, little by little we are starting to make a difference. Speak out if you think you need to. Do not hold back of what you believe in as long as you know you are on the right track. Be inspired to inspire people. Take actions and do More.










No comments:

Post a Comment

Instagram: @behindrollingchair