Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Passport Application | DFA Davao

For how many weeks already I had this plan of applying for a passport and just this afternoon, finally I was able to do it. I didn't really had the idea of how it is being processed and even what are the requirements. All I had in mine while I'm on my way to Dept. of Foreign Affairs (DFA) was that am I going to finished it asap? coz I still had my class. Now, exactly 3pm i went to the DFA with all the documents that I had with me like diploma, transcript of records, NSO birth certificate, NBI clearance, and all my IDs.
Yes, I had all this documents coz I might need them for the application. Fortunately after the fill up of the registration form, the "manong guard" assisted me going to this staff whom i presented all my documents then I went directly to another staff for the passport picture and i was surprised coz she was actually my student before. Thanks to her also for she was the one who went to the cashier for the payment. I only had spent about 20minutes for the application and paid P950 for the passport itself. I will be back on the 25th of Oct. to claim my passport. Yohoo!!!

Some people said that it's really hard to apply for a passport in the sense that it is time consuming. Well, I am just fortunate enough that when i went there, there were only few applicants. So I suggest visit DFA in the afternoon like 3-4pm. 

For differently-able persons like me, just ask for assistance from the DFA staff and they will surely help you and will give you the privilege to process your passport as fast as they can.

Now, for those who plan to apply for a passport here are some tips:

What to Prepare: (taken from dfa.gov.ph)
1. NSO-Authenticated Birth Certificate
2. At least 3 supporting documents showing your full name, date and place of birth. Government-issued IDs such as SSS ID (or Form E-1), GSIS ID, Driver's license, Voter's ID, etc. can also be included.
3. Filled-up Passport application form - You can get one from the Information Desk at the DFA office.

Where to Go:
The DFA office is located at Jacinto Street, in front of ADDU Motorpool nearby Holy Chid School of Davao. It's the building with the Philippine flag on it. 

Processing Time and Fees:
1. Normal Processing (23 working days) - Php950.00
2. Express Processing (13 working days) - Php1,200.00

You might ask also for help from a DFA-accredited travel agency because they can really speed up your passport processing



No comments:

Post a Comment

Instagram: @behindrollingchair