Saturday, April 20, 2013

How and Where Did I Spent My Holy Week 2013

For 23 years, i have been spending my Holy Week in my own province Sta. Maria Davao del Sur with family. But this year (2013), i had the chance to visit again Iloilo for the 2nd time and spend the rest of my Holy Week. I chose Iloilo because the 1st time i went there, i was really amazed and got mesmerized with their super old yet grandiose churches. It was last 2012 when i had the chance to visit 6 churches in Iloilo including the world heritage church, Miag-ao church constructed in the year 1797 that stands as a living legacy of the culture and way of life of the people of Miagao centuries ago.

Another world heritage church in Iloilo is Santa Barbara church which where i spent my Easter Sunday for this year. There, i saw numbers of religious images of patron saints in a beautifully decorated carriages. Huge number of devotees where outside the church witnessing those said religious images. As a roman catholic, it was such a great experienced that gives me another reason to thank God for my existence. 

Part of my holy week short vacation in Iloilo was my Guimaras experience which was so tiring yet it was great experience. Together with some friends, we had the island hopping experience then went to Trapistine Monastery to buy some sort of souvenirs. I was so much blessed coz ive met one priest inside the Monastery and he was like telling me that when he saw me he smiled coz he felt that im a happy person inspite of my condition. He prayed for me and gave me holy water. 

The whole experience wont be so memorable if not because of people who accommodated me during my stay in Iloilo. Thank you to my good friends in Iloilo for always welcoming and patiently touring me around the city and even to the nearby places. 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Instagram: @behindrollingchair