Friday, September 13, 2013

Restrooms: Accessible or Not?

I travel a lot. I try to eat to different restaurants. I have meetings most of the time in different coffee shops. One thing that i take into consideration is the restroom/comfort room/bathroom especially in places like hotel, restaurant,airport,coffee shops,or any place outside from my comfort zone. 

And i think, im not the only one who always have this kind of problem. I know those families who have PWD family member or with elderly also. 

As part of my advocacy campaign as to accessible or barrier-free environment, i always find time to take some photos of every restrooms that i use. And here are some of them.



Its very seldom to find coffee shops with bigger restroom for wheelchair person like me. Thanks to Starbucks Abreeza Mall Davao for having one. 


This is really small for wheelchair person. I find it weird because actually the place itself is very accessible except for the restrooms. 


First time to Enter Park Inn at SM lanang premier and as usual had to try one of their restroom for PWD. Surprisingly, the door is different because its a sliding door. It is spacious & clean. Just an observation, sliding door is hard to open. Better put wheels on it. Bowl is quiet high for wheelchair person. 


Abreeza Ayala Mall: I usually have my grocery and meet ups here because of the minimal number of shoppers and i like the place honestly. I just have some problems with their accessibility. Check this video blog of mine.


Since i mentioned awhile ago that i often travel alone, i always find time to check airport restrooms for PWDs. and this one was NAIA airport Manila, one of their restrooms. 

I will update this blog post soon. I still have a lot of pictures of different restrooms from different places.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Instagram: @behindrollingchair