Saturday, June 29, 2013

IN EVERY RULE THERE'S ALWAYS AN EXEMPTION

Just this morning I went to NCCC Mall again for another business transaction and did some groceries. That was not the first time I used basement to enter to the said mall while im in a cab. But it was the first time that the security personnel stopped me and did not allow my cab entered the said premises. I was asking the guard for some consideration since im in wheelchair but instead he called up their head security. I really thought since she is the head, she has the capability of giving consideration. But to my dismay, she didn't. I was trying to explain to her about my situation. She told me to used instead the Maa entrance but i explained to her that the ramp in Maa entrance is not that accessible for wheelchair person like me. The inclination of that ramp is very high. Its not made for wheelchair instead for the mall's shopping cart. And then she even told me to use the Mc Arthur entrance which is not a good option since its quiet far on my part.
Since we had a long conversation already, i had no option but to used the Mc Arthur entrance. When Im inside the mall, i decided to visit their Admin office to have my complain. Fortunate that i was able to talk to the Admin Head Henry Tan and he immediately ask an apology for the what had happened. He promised that starting that day, they will allow cabs whose passenger is a person with disability to use the basement. 

I know rules are rules but in every rule there's always an exemption especially on our part as person with disability. and Just a reminder to NCCC Mall Davao, you are not also following the standards of accessibility which is part of the law. Try reviewing your facilities and re-orient your personnel on how to deal with PWDs.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Instagram: @behindrollingchair